- 600 grams bread flour
- 200 grams whole wheat flour
- 400 grams starter
- 650 grams water
- 18 grams salt
Mix starter with flour evenly so no big clumps of starter remain.
Add water and mix one minute. Autolyse for 1-4 hours.
Add salt and mix in. Fold dough and let rest for 30 minutes. Wet hand and fold again, turning the bowl with each fold; should see a skin starting to form.
Fold #3 and refridterate for 8 hours.
Remove from the bowl and fold. Rest for 30 minutes. Place in Banetton for proofing (or just keep it in an oiled bowl to pur out into a Dutch Oven.) Cover with plastic wrap and let proof for an hour.
Put in pre-heated dutch oven; 500 degrees with lid on for 30 mintues; then 20 minutes more at 450. Make sure to place corn meal or coarse semolina so it does not stick to the bottom of the Dutch Oven.
- Thursday morning - take starter from refridgerator. Build up in a ratio of 1 part starter, 1 part water, 2 parts flour. For the recipe, starting ratio is 25 grams, 25 grams and 50 grams - 100 grams
- Thursday night - repeat - remove 50 grams (50 g starter left) add 50 g water, 100 g flour (200 g)
- Friday mornign - repeat - remove 100 grams (100 g starter left) add 100 g water, 200 g flour (400 g)
- Friday night - initial mix 6pm
- Friday night - fold and rest 10pm
- Saturday morning - remove to get to room temp (2 hours?) 7am
- Sat morning - 9am rest 30 minutes
- Sat morning - start proofing 930 (until 10:30)
- Sat morning - pre-heat oven (10am)
- Sat morning - bake 500 10:30
- Sat morning - back 450 11:00