- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 eaches large pitted green olives, quartered
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (1.41 ounce) packages sazon seasoning (such as Goya®)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, 7 to 10 minutes.
Stir olives, raisins, capers, tomato sauce, sazon seasoning, cumin, sugar, and salt through the ground beef mixture.
Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until the mixture is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.